httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Makefile.PL Questions
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:14:48 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, June 30, 2003, at 12:11  PM, David Wheeler wrote:
>
>> BEGIN{
>>     if (eval {require Apache::Test}) {
>>         Apache::Test->import(qw(have_lwp plan));
>>         require Apache::TestRequest;
>>         Apache::TestRequest->import(qw(GET POST));
>>         plan tests => 43, have_lwp;
>>     } else {
>>         plan skip_all => 'Apache::Test required to run tests.';
>>     }
>> }
>

> Actually, to make it cooperate with Test::More, I had to do this:
>
> BEGIN {
>     if (eval {require Apache::Test}) {
>         if (Apache::Test::have_lwp()) {
>             require Apache::TestRequest;
>             Apache::TestRequest->import(qw(GET POST));
>             plan tests => 43;
>         } else {
>             plan skip_all => 'libwww-perl is not installed';
>         }
>     } else {
>         plan skip_all => 'Apache::Test required to run tests';
>     }
> }

David, also please check the latest Apache::Peek on CPAN, I have started
abstracting this functionality especially for complex builds which has to
support both mod_perl versions. I haven't finished yet, but since pretty much
all Apache:: module authors will need this code, rather than duplicating it we
better have a special module (which can be at least bundled to start with).

Another approach is to use Module::Install, which I haven't tried yet, but
which is supposed to resolve this kind of a problem generically.