httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl Testing
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 04:06:19 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 09:13  AM, Geoffrey Young wrote:
>
>> I think he means by adding your own ServerRoot directive to
>> extra.last.conf.in.  however, I see what you are saying and that won't
>> likely resolve your issue.
>

> Yes, and I can't know what it is ahead of time. I don't expect that this
> would work:
>
> ServerRoot @ServerRoot@/..

either at run-time:

t/TEST -serverroot /my/server/root

or in your t/TEST script:

$Apache::TestConfig::Argv{serverroot} = "/my/server/root";

or in your Makefile.PL:

push @ARGV, qw(-serverroot /my/server/root);
Apache::TestMM::filter_args();
Apache::TestMM::generate_script(t/TEST);

I haven't tested that, but it should work just like all other overrides, no?
t/TEST --help shows all the available options

>> is there some reason that you want to backtrack to t/ in your test
>> scripts?  for the most part, I put things I need under t/, including
>> libraries and other cruft, so that everything is relative to the
>> default ServerRoot setting.
>

> I _do_ want t to be the ServerRoot. But I _don't_ want t/ to be cwd for
> all of the tests that run (t/*.t). cwd during `make test` should be the
> package root directory. For example, I have a test script, t/01basic.t,
> that opens the error log to look for error messages from the Apache test
> server. Under Apache::test (and any other CPAN test suite that runs via
> Perl's usual `make test`), I would have to open it like this:
>
>   open ERR, 't/logs/error_log' or die "Can't do it: $!\n";
>
> However, under the default `make test` with Apache::Test, it changes the
> cwd to t. This is not where CPAN modules should be tested from. It
> forces me to open the error log like this, instead:
>
>   open ERR, 'logs/error_log' or die "Can't do it: $!\n";
>
> That's what I think should be changed.
>
> Hope I've explained it better this time! :-)

don't rely on cwd, use the full path:

   my $vars = Apache::Test::vars();
   my $path = catfile $vars->{serverroot}, qw(logs error_log);

Does that solve your problem?