httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Apache::TestRequest Doc Patch
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:58:53 GMT
On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 09:03  AM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> The main reason that the default docroot is t/ is because things like
> logs/, conf/, etc are conveniently placed under t/. I'm not quite sure
> why do you think that most people will want to have the ../t as the
> serverroot. The only drawback of using t/ is in the need to adjust
> @INC, to include ../t.

Yes, I noticed this. . cannot be the serverroot because then, if the
module maintainer created conf and htdocs directories, they would be
indexed by the CPAN indexer, and that's a bad thing. If they're in t/,
the indexer ignores them.

But I'm not saying that I want ../t to be the ServerRoot. I'm saying
that traditionally, the distribution root was the cwd for the test
scripts in t/. Those are two different things, though I can see the
convenience of thinking of them the same. At any rate, if t/ remains
the default cwd for the test scripts as they are run, that should be
documented, as it varies from what the module author usually expects --
including from the behavior of the old Apache::test.

Regards,

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org