httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Perl Testing
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2003 02:29:04 GMT
On Thursday, June 19, 2003, at 08:13  PM, Geoffrey Young wrote:

>> It does seem inconsistent to have the CWD be $root for the test
>> scripts, but $root/t for the server process.  One more quirk to
>> remember.

Well, maybe, but I've always kinda thought of t/ as the ServerRoot,
anyway. I like that I can set the document root with variables in
t/conf/extra/conf.in, though. That's a big bonus!

> but isn't that exactly the opposite of what David's issue is?

No, just an inconsistency to note. Not so inconsistent to me, though.

> so, as things stand now, cwd for both *.t scripts and the server
> process is ServerRoot (aka, t/), which makes perfect sense to me :)

Yeah, that's wrong according to perl module testing standards. If they
need to be consistent, then the module distribution root should be
ServerRoot, too. Perhaps @ServerRoot@/t could be the default
DocumentRoot?

> I guess the quirk is that for Apache-Test *.t scripts the cdw is
> different than it is for standard CPAN distributions.

That's correct, and exactly the issue.

Regards,

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e