httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@kineticode.com>
Subject Re: Perl Testing
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:52:49 GMT
On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 08:02  PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>> 1. The documentation is pretty lacking.
>
> As Geoff pointed out, this statement is incorrect. The document:
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html
> should answer most of your questions.

It's incorrect in the sense that most of the modules aren't documented.
I was using that article and the one on perl.com, or I would have got
nowhere. I'll likely submit some docs for TestRequest shortly.

> > 2. The tests are being run from t/, rather then from the root of the
> > module distribution directory. IIRC, Perl itself runs all of its
> tests
> > from t/, but all modules by default run them from the module
> > distribution root. Can this be fixed/changed?
>
> They aren't running from t/, unless you run them from there. t/TEST
> can run from t/ and from base.

No, I run `make test`. In my test scripts, which live in t/, when I
want to parse the log, I have to open 'logs/error_log', not
't/logs/error_log'. It runs out of t/.

> Look at how mod_perl does that.
>
> BTW, autogeneration of t/TEST is only useful if you don't want any
> customizations. If you do, create t/TEST.PL, like modperl-2.0 does.

I'll take a look.

> Another examples on CPAN are Apache::Peek and Apache::Clean.

Thanks.

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org