httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From David Wheeler <da...@wheeler.net>
Subject Makefile.PL Questions
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:22:14 GMT
Hi All,

I got a bug report for the latest release of
MasonX::ApacheHandler::WithCallbacks, which uses Apache::Test for its
testing. My question is this: I use Apache::TestMM and
Apache::TestRunPerl in my Makefile.PL to set up the test suite.
However, many users may not have Apache::Test installed when they go to
install my module. CPAN.pm will of course catch this (Apache::Test is
in the list of prereqs), but it first tries to run Makefile.PL,
triggering this error:

   Can't locate Apache/TestMM.pm in @INC

I can avoid this by checking to see if Apache::Test loads and only
using it if it does. But then, how would I set up the tests to run
after CPAN.pm has installed Apache::Test? Does it run Makefile.PL again?

TIA,

David

http://kineticode.com/                         Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory@jabber.org