httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apach::TestRequest Doc Patch
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:08:44 GMT

David Wheeler wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I especially need help with the "keep_alive" parameter to user_agent()

keep_alive enables connection persistence, where the same connection is used
to process multiple requests.  the only use of it that I have seen is in
http11/basicauth.t

   my $request_num = Apache::TestRequest::user_agent_request_num($res);

   ok $request_num == 3; #1 => no credentials
                         #2 => 401 response with second request
                         #3 => 200 with guest/guest credentials

also, from the LWP::UserAgent manpage:

   The C<keep_alive> option also has the effect of loading and enabling the
   new experimental HTTP/1.1 protocol module.

so keep_alive may be more of a shorthand way of enabling (and testing)
HTTP/1.1 compliance rather than just persistent connections (which can be
used in both protocols).

as for the code changes, Stas should probably review them first.  however,
the docs look great - nice work.

--Geoff