httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl Testing
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 00:34:55 GMT
David Wheeler wrote:

>> As Geoff pointed out, this statement is incorrect. The document:
>> http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html
>> should answer most of your questions.
>

> It's incorrect in the sense that most of the modules aren't documented.

That's absolutely true. I thought you were referring to the tutorial.

> I was using that article and the one on perl.com, or I would have got
> nowhere. I'll likely submit some docs for TestRequest shortly.

Fantastic. May I suggest that modules should include only API docs, but all
real usages go to the tutorial? modperl-docs/src/general/testing/testing.pod

>> > 2. The tests are being run from t/, rather then from the root of the
>> > module distribution directory. IIRC, Perl itself runs all of its tests
>> > from t/, but all modules by default run them from the module
>> > distribution root. Can this be fixed/changed?
>>
>> They aren't running from t/, unless you run them from there. t/TEST
>> can run from t/ and from base.
>

> No, I run `make test`. In my test scripts, which live in t/, when I want
> to parse the log, I have to open 'logs/error_log', not
> 't/logs/error_log'. It runs out of t/.

What you try to say is that the ServerRoot is t/, not that t/TEST is invoked
from t/. You can override that of course.