httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: flood - Can it go faster?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:48:18 GMT

On Tuesday, June 24, 2003, at 12:35  PM, Jeremy Brown wrote:
[...]
> generators running FreeBSD 5.1

You might try other operating systems. I don't know how well FreeBSD
compares, but I have had good luck on both Solaris (x86) and Linux 2.4.

> Are there any tips to get more throughput on flood?

Depends on what you want to model. Do you want keepalive enabled? Do you
want to simulate 7000 simultaneous connections, 7000 requests, or 7000
"users" (depending on your definition of a "user")?

> Or any methods to optimize flood to run faster?

There are probably many things in flood that could be better tuned.
We'll happily accept patches if you have any. :)

> Also is there a way to turn off logging completely? The new server will
> have logging enable to catch all the information. My job is to hit it
> as
> hard as I possibly can with my resources. And to only show something if
> there is a failure?

You could implement your own hooks in flood that simple disable output
(or count
and don't display the results until the end).

> I am using shell scripts of flood since megaconglomerate is not
> operating
> at this time from what I have tested. Are there any recommendations for
> doing this more effectively? Or is megaconglomerate really working?

Getting megaconglomerate working will probably have to wait until
someone who needs it implements it.

-aaron