httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Test
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 03:17:22 GMT
Mike Blackwell wrote:
> Does anyone have an example of using Apache::Test to test a web site
> that uses cookies?
>
> I'm having trouble with a page which does a redirect with a cookie.  LWP
> shows the redirect happening, and that it received a cookie, but it does
> not appear to be sending the cookie back out.
>
> Any ideas on how to persue this are welcome.

Because you probably need to code that (to read and add a cookie). I suppose
that you are talking about the client side of the script, right? So you just
add this header, once you have the cookie extracted, e.g.

my $res = POST_BODY $location,
     content => $content,
     cookie  => $cookie;

A quick google search comes with several resources that you may find useful to
manipulate cookie jars:

http://perldoc.trustno1.net/new/site_perl/5.8.0/HTTP/Cookies.html
http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/WebTechniques/col32.html

Once you figure it all out, if you can submit an addition for the testing
tutorial (http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html) that would
be very helpful for others