httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 23:36:22 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>> I actually like Apache::TestPlan, it's most of the functionality that
>> this module provides. but there are a few subs that are not. May be
>> this other functionality should move elsewhere.
> given that almost all of the functions from the various Test* packages
> are exported by default and almost nobody specifies an import list
> currently with Apache::Test, I wouldn't worry too much about shuffling
> stuff around later after the immediate problem has been fixed.

This is what I see now as the simplest solution at all fronts:

1) keep the distro name Apache-Test.

2) s|Apache/|Apache/|

3) contents of Apache/

package Apache::Test;
$Apache::Test::VERSION = '1.02';
package Apache::TestPlan;
# what was previously Apache::Test code follows

I decided to nevertheless plug these two lines in:

package Apache::Test;
$Apache::Test::VERSION = '1.02';

so that CPAN will still index Apache::Test, and we can still tell to
install Apache::Test, same for dependencies list. Also that's where we
maintain the distro's version.

Usage-wise, the only change you have to do is this:

perl -pi -e 's|use Apache::Test([\s;])|use Apache::TestPlan$1|' files

Is everybody happy with that solution?

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message