httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 00:44:53 GMT
Randy Kobes wrote:
> On Thu, 8 May 2003, Stas Bekman wrote:
> [ .. ]
>>One question remains: should the package be renamed to
>>Apache-Tester as well?  Since people will see Apache::Test and
>>will try to install Apache::Test in, and that won't
> Probably to make a clean break the whole package should be
> renamed. And also, probably the current Apache-Test packages on
> CPAN should be deleted, as Apache::Test would still show up in
> the CPAN indices, under older Apache-Test packages (eg, there's
> some obsolete modules in older versions of libwww-perl that can
> be seen within  I think though that the Apache::Test
> module would still remain in the indices after such deletion, and
> would direct queries to the module owner. You'll probably
> have to contact to get the module itself removed
> from the indices.

Yes, that shouldn't be a problem.

So currently we are down to two options:

1) Integrate in I think we should bundle Apache::Test with
future versions of mod_perl to make the maintenance simple and remove the
original Apache::test from it.

2) Rename Apache::Test to Apache::Tester (or else) to resolve the collision.
Rename the distro Apache-Test to Apache-TestHarness (or else) to avoid confusion.

Looks like if we can provide a clean implementation of (1) that's would be the
best solution. Randy says that it shouldn't be a problem with winFU. If David
says that it's cool with MacOSX, let's try to take this route then.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message