httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: resolving Apache::Test vs. Apache::test collision
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 14:23:25 GMT

> So it seems to me that the simplest route to take is to
> s/Apache::Test/Apache::Tester/ as suggested by David. Only one file is
> modified.
>
> If there are no objections, I'll proceed with this route.

not to be nitpicky, but Apache::Tester strikes me as, well, something.

this is a really cool piece of software that has the potential to make many, many
developer's lives easier - having a descriptive, decent name is probably important.
(though getting everyone to agree may be difficult ;)

how about Apache::TestHarness or Apache::TestSuite or something similar?

speaking of which, despite CPAN's general dislike of multi-level naming schemes, would
Apache::Test::Harness make life easier?  technically, we could keep everything other than

Test.pm as is, avoid namespace collisions, and still refer to the whole thing
(colloquially) as Apache::Test.  ok, well it's just an idea...

--Geoff