httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: flood proxy (was: [STATUS] (flood))
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:34:37 GMT
--On Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:46 AM +0100 Jacek Prucia
<jacek.prucia@acn.waw.pl> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better, if we use proxy instead of all-purpose network
> software? I was thinking about mod_proxy_flood.so with some function attached
> to request forwarding and a simple response handler which could allow users
> to:

Yup.

> It would be cool if we could extend mod_proxy, but if this is impossible
> (because of some technical issues I'm not aware of) we might do our own
> thing. Writting a small, customized proxy in C/APR, Perl, Python, whatever
> schouldn't be all that hard.

If you use httpd-2.0 as a framework, I think you could get away with something
like the following: install an input filter that intercepts all inbound data
and writes the input body to a file in a special format that is essentially
like flood's URL XML syntax for a urllist.

If you'd like to pursue this, let me know and I can try to give more
specifics. -- justin