httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@acn.waw.pl>
Subject flood proxy (was: [STATUS] (flood))
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:46:44 GMT
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:45:47 -0500
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> wrote:

> flood STATUS:							-*-text-*-
> Last modified at [$Date: 2002/09/06 10:24:42 $]

[...]

>     * Write robust tool (using tethereal perhaps) to take network dumps
>       and convert them to flood's XML format.
>                 a start.

Wouldn't it be better, if we use proxy instead of all-purpose network
software? I was thinking about mod_proxy_flood.so with some function attached
to request forwarding and a simple response handler which could allow users
to:

1. enable/disable flood proxy
2. edit gathered urls (only delete for now, later full edit)
3. dump flood file

It would be cool if we could extend mod_proxy, but if this is impossible
(because of some technical issues I'm not aware of) we might do our own thing.
Writting a small, customized proxy in C/APR, Perl, Python, whatever schouldn't
be all that hard.

regards,
Jacek Prucia