httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SPEC / mod_specweb99.c
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:04:14 GMT
MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Does anybody know if the mod_specweb99.c been 'blessed' by the SPEC
> committee ?..I mean, have they acknowledged that the module acts in a SPEC
> compliant manner?

No, they have not blessed it.

> I had a doubt regarding executing CGI scripts in SPECweb99 - somebody here
> told me that the SPEC mandates the web server to fork a child process to
> execute a CGI script - is that so ?.

Yes, that is so.  You need to configure a SPEC CGI independently from
mod_specweb99.  Fortunately this is only a tiny fraction of the workload.

In spite of the low frequency of CGI requests, I've seen multiple zombie CGI
processes hanging around quite often.   Bill S. had a fix for
apr/unix/pools.c::free_proc_chain not too long ago that might help with the
zombies.  Switching to a compiled CGI as Dave suggested wouldn't hurt either.

Greg