httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: gettimeofday calls
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:02:11 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

>> Infact, I tried this out yesterday (having the one global_time
>> variable), it
>> gives me around 3-4% improvement. But, occasionally I do get some
>> un-conforming results, and I'm trying to figure out if it's because of
>> the
>> time stamp.
>>
> You probably need to mutex updates to your global variable, which will
> probably suck out most of your performance gains.

oooo, maybe that's the bug.  If it really is a global variable and this is a
threaded server, it's likely to break.  We need a variable that's unique to the
request.  Probably the cleanest way to do that is introduce a new time parm to
the functions called by do_cadget which need it.

I'll whip something like this up unless someone beats me to it.

Greg