httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <>
Subject Re: gettimeofday calls
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:10:46 GMT
MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
> I tried that, and I got back error from specweb99 stating that the responses
> were not conforming. (or something like that)..

OK, if you used r->request_time to replace the time() calls in mod_specweb99,
you might have convert the units if the result gets sent as part of a specweb
response or put in a file that will get sent to the client.  If it's just using
the values internally, like when it tries to avoid a stat(), there's no need to
convert units as long as it always deals with the same units.

r->request_time is an apr_time_t (microseconds); time() gives you seconds
(time_t?).  There are some apr macros to do the conversions.

> Now, I have a global time variable, that I set once in
> specweb99_quick_handler(),

I think that would penalize the standard (no cookie/custom ad) dynamic
GETs...they shouldn't need any timestamp information at all.  Plus, I don't
understand why r->request_time wouldn't work for the custom ad path.

>     and the other two instances, try to use it,
> rather than compute again.. The thirsd time() - in the ap_log_error(), I've
> put it in "ifdef DEBUG" :-).. Trying this out now..

View raw message