httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "David Hill" <ddh...@zk3.dec.com>
Subject Re: gettimeofday calls
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:35:11 GMT

> > When our specweb guys were whacking Zeus they would first run a
> > program that would walk the file set to try and fill up the cache.

Zues had some sort of internal cache that needed to be warmed on a
per-process basis (they would run with one process per cpu), as well
as warming the read cache in the kernel.

> hey, I like that idea!  I wonder if:
>
> find /spec_docroot/file_set/ -type f | xargs cat > /dev/null
>
> ...will do the job?  I'll give it a try.

You may want to restrict yourself to the smaller classes.... depends
on your memory. If you don't have enough, you will just shove
everything through the kernel into the bit bucket :-) Other than
that - yes it should :-)

Dave