httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributions to Flood...
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 07:03:56 GMT
--On Saturday, November 23, 2002 7:19 PM -0500 Donald Doane
<ddoane@opendemand.com> wrote:

> Our company is interested in contributing to the Apache Flood
> project.
>
> Please let us know how best to coordinate our efforts with yours.

Cool!  We'd appreciate any assistance you can offer!  =)

The first thing to know is that all coordination happens here on this
mailing list (test-dev@httpd.apache.org).  Please subscribe to the
list - I had to moderate your post through since you were not
subscribed.

So, we're not going to be doing anything that isn't talked about here
first.  If you are interested in contributing, I'd recommend posting
about what you'd like to see from flood and how you'd like to see it
happen on this list.  If you have code changes or bug fixes, post
them on this list and we will do our best to integrate them.

Right now, the state of flood is that the two original authors
(myself and Aaron Bannert) are happy with it - it does what we want.
Another committer (Jacek Prucia) has some additional ideas of where
flood should go (but he's been pressed for time to contribute lately).

In short, my role right now is to try to ensure that flood can do
what other people want it to do.  About the only thing on the horizon
for me with Flood is to integrate Serf (a new HTTP client library)
with Flood.  But, that's a little while away - I have lots of other
things to worry about first.  =)

Good luck and welcome!  -- justin