httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: Connection speed throttle
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:43:36 GMT
On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 10:48:09AM +0200, Jacek Prucia wrote:
> Correct, but this applies only to BSD. Linux doesn't have such feature out-of-the-box.
I bet this is true for other operating systems (Solaris, IRIX, etc.). So this might be a good
idea to implement such functionality in flood. However it looks like this feature will be
at the bottom of (at least mine) TODO list. There are more important things to do first.

I'm not so sure we could even implement something like this at
such a high level. OTOH, aside from cost considerations, a standalone
BSD box running dummynet inbetween one or more clients and one or
more servers would be very effective.

-aaron