httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@7bulls.com>
Subject Re: Connection speed throttle
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 08:48:09 GMT
wiadomosc od Aaron Bannert, z dnia Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:47:17PM -0700
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 06:41:19AM -0600, Michaud,Pierre [CMC] wrote:
> > I'd like to know if you are planning to add an option to flood that can
> > simulate the connection speed of a user (33,6Kbps for example), such as
> > http_load (www.acme.com).
>
> The dummynet feature of BSD is a great way to do this in conjuntion
> with flood.

Correct, but this applies only to BSD. Linux doesn't have such feature out-of-the-box. I bet
this is true for other operating systems (Solaris, IRIX, etc.). So this might be a good idea
to implement such functionality in flood. However it looks like this feature will be at the
bottom of (at least mine) TODO list. There are more important things to do first.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia
7bulls.com S.A.