httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flood and cookies
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:42:12 GMT
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 07:00:01AM -0700, Williams, Chris D. wrote:
> I remember looking at the cookie stuff a while ago(6 months or more) and one
> thing I noticed is that it doesn't clear the cookie list when it starts
> urllist again.  This might have changed but one thing to look at.  I was
> using cookies and it worked well when the first url was to init the cookie.

Hmm.  It should clear the cookies when it restarts the urllist.  It
all has to do with pool lifetimes.  If you can try the latest code
again and give us a test case where it's broken, that'd be great.
But, I'd be astonished if it's broken.

> One a side note..one feature I would like to see(correct me if it is already
> there) is the ability to use a value in the farmer definition as an argument
> to a URL in the urllist.  What I was testing at one time was the same
> urllist with different farmers.  I had 50 different farmers defined and used
> the farmer name as an argument to pass into the first url to init the
> cookies and then perform the rest of the urls.

Hmm.  Interesting idea.  Patches welcomed.  =)

Shouldn't be too hard to add, me thinks.  =)  -- justin