httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@7bulls.com>
Subject Re: flood and cookies
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:33:34 GMT
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:24:07 +0100
Leon Brocard <acme@astray.com> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> I'm having a look at flood in comparison to ab and there's one thing
> I'm not quite clear on. The source indicates it supports cookies in
> the round robin mode. Do I need to enable that?

No, they work automatic out of the box. However, we aim for 'full user
control' so in near future that automatic behaviour might become
optional.

> Actually, what I need
> to do is set a cookie to a specific value for testing purposes. How
> would I do that?

Just set a cookie with some script. For example:

<urllist>
   <!-- script below schould send Set-Cookie header -->
   <url>http://localhost/set-cookie.php</url>
   <!-- previously recieved cookie is sent with request -->
   <url>http://localhost/test.php</url>
</urllist>

I haven't looked at RFC yet, but looks like we have a very basic cookie
support. We dont take Domain, MaxAge, Path and other atributes into
account when sending cookie. Additionally cookie code has FIXME
comments, so this looks like a thing to put on my TODO list :)

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia
7bulls.com S.A.