httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: where to start?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 17:43:14 GMT
On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 02:01:15PM +0200, Jacek Prucia wrote:

> Right now flood starts always with Bingo farm. This is just simply
> hardcoded. I would like to change that and additionally add getopt
> parsing to flood. We could have arguments to run particular farmer
> (-f/--farmer), particular farm (-r/--farm) and so on (no
> collective/megaconglomerate yet). What if there's no command line
> options, but only plain config file? I think we schould do as listed:
>
> 1. check for first megaconglomerate, step 2 if not found
> 2. check for first collective, step 3 if not found
> 3. check for first farm, step 4 if not found
> 4. check for first farmer, step 5 if not found
> 5. bail out

The hardcoded "bingo" farm was just because we hadn't implemented
collectives or megaconglomerates yet. The way you have proposed it
sounds good to me. :)

The reason we want to avoid command-line args altogether is so that
we remain portable. Ideally the entire input to flood can be a
generated XML that works on windows and unix, and can be generated
from generic UI's.

-aaron