httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_specweb99 debugging...
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:09:13 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> SpecWeb right now follows the run book very liberally - and there are
> certainly shortcuts you could take whilst staying within the run rules. If
> you want to I can dig out a list.

It would be great if you could post such a list.  Looking at SPECWeb99 dynamic
content code for other web servers gives me a few ideas too.  Since we have a
number of people doing SPECWeb99 benchmarking of Apache 2 at the moment, and
httpd itself is relatively stable (knock on wood), it's a good time to focus on
making mod_specweb99 better.

I'd love to see winning results posted to the SPECWeb99 site mentioning Apache
2, or understand why we can't do it.

> Also - hack the conf to do short runs first !

Oh yeah, excellent point.  That's the SPEC rc file.  Look for *_TIME,
ITERATIONS, and SIMULTANEOUS_CONNECTIONS.

Greg