httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: flood docs
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2002 15:38:33 GMT
On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 01:45:50PM +0200, Jacek Prucia wrote:

> I would like to write some flood docs while I'm learning its internals.
> However I have a few questions that need to be asked before I get to
> writing:
>
> 1. where flood docs schould be developed? here, or docs subproject?

Here.

> 2. is there something already done? (besides FAQ and building flood)

Well, there is the presentation Aaron and I did at OSCON:

http://www.clove.org/flood-presentation/flood.pdf

Not a doc, but it gives an overview of it.

> 3. what format? I was thinking about very small man page, and a bigger
> manual. IIRC httpd docs are made with Anakia. I see, that besides HTML
> it can be turned into crispy PDF, right? If so, we might also use Anakia
> to document flood. AFAIK there's some stuff under cvs module httpd-site
> to start with, right?

Yeah, XML-based docs are the way to go.  I'd prefer using a system
similar to how the httpd docs guys are doing it for 2.0.  I'd read
up on:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html

They have tools in site-tools/httpd-docs-build/.  Hopefully, we
could leverage that.  -- justin