httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@7bulls.com>
Subject Re: flood round-robin-dynamic.xml problem
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:08:57 GMT
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 14:02:32 -0700
Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkrantz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 01:59:15PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > So we need to fix that, right? An unmatched regexp shouldn't be
> > fatal.
>
> The thought was that if the regexp failed, some expectation of how
> the site was designed has changed.  So, rather than continuing on,
> abort.

Yep, and regexp matches are quite frequently used in requesttemplate. So
a failure to match responsetemplate can cause a few next URL's to fail.
Abort makes sense for me as a default behaviour, though we might let
user override that in the future.

BTW: isnt't verify function supposed to precede postproces? You can get
simillar error while trying to match a 3x, 4x or 5x responses. You could
then mock around your regexp for a while, when actually remote server is
guilty.

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia