httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: flood round-robin-dynamic.xml problem
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 21:05:57 GMT
On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 02:02:32PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 01:59:15PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > So we need to fix that, right? An unmatched regexp shouldn't be fatal.
>
> The thought was that if the regexp failed, some expectation of how
> the site was designed has changed.  So, rather than continuing on,
> abort.  The only way to correct the problem would be to alter the
> profile to correct the regexp.

Sure, but this isn't informative: flood: flood_round_robin.c:867: round_robin_postprocess:
Assertion `status == 0' failed.

Besides, if the user disables debugging, the assertions will be
disabled. If this is a fatal error (and I'm still on the fence here)
then we should detect that case and print a nice message.

-aaron