httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: mod_specweb99 debugging...
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:26:15 GMT

> * The harder you drive the server, the more disk space you will need.  SPECWeb99
> touches more files as you ramp up the number of concurrent connections.  There
> is a formula here: http://www.spec.org/osg/web99/docs/users_guide.html#Pre-Inst
> Plus you need disk space for logs proportional to the load.

> * I wouldn't be surprised if there are bugs or bottlenecks in mod_specweb99
> itself, since it was only recently open sourced.  Please feed back any
> info/patches to this list.  But you don't need mod_specweb99 if you are only
> doing static content.

SpecWeb right now follows the run book very liberally - and there are
certainly shortcuts you could take whilst staying within the run rules. If
you want to I can dig out a list.

Also - hack the conf to do short runs first !

You are going to find plenty of network, kernel and OS bottlenecks. It is
for a good reason that those setups you find on the spec.org side are such
massive beasts. If you clients are not on windows - you may want to talk
to Sander Temme - Covalent had to hack them on FreeBSD to get the byte
counts done reliably

DW