httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Prucia <jacek.pru...@7bulls.com>
Subject Re: Possible feature addition for flood
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:18:17 GMT
On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 22:35:44 -0700
Ian Holsman <ianh@apache.org> wrote:

> I was talking to one of our devleopers over here,
> and she mentioned that it would be really cool if for a
> suite of URLs being tested that we could read the input of a
> the form fields (mainly the 'hidden' ones) and then use the values
> in the next request..

Very good idea. However I think, that all we can handle automatically is
just hidden fields. Everything else (like text, password, radio etc.)
must be provided by hand, or at least by list of possible choices and a
way to pickup one (random, next, etc.)

Note: it would be cool (since we are far away from GUI) if instead
payload="" one could also use key1="foo" value1="bar" key2="order"
value2="123", and flood would be responsible for creating
"foo=bar&order=123" payload. This is how curl collects data for POST
body from command line -- very handy.

> how hard do you think that this kind of this would be to do?

Quite trival I guess. All you have to do, is put all those hidden fields
into some array @ round_robin_postproces and use them in next POST
request @ round_robin_create_req (plus a few minor fixes here and
there).

I'm trying to track down some other glitches in flood, so all I can do
is include this request in my personal TODO list...

regards,
--
Jacek Prucia
7bulls.com S.A.