httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject testing HTTP/0.9
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 13:40:15 GMT
hi all...

   yesterday I was wanting to write test scripts for a module that
toggles r->assbackwards.  currently, Apache::Test dies (under LWP at
least) when using HTTP/0.9, so it's pretty much impossible to write
tests for that functionality.

   I figure that testing HTTP/0.9 may be something somebody else wants
to do legitimately, even if they aren't playing with r->assbackwards
like I am.  so, attached is a patch which basically allows me to
toggle HTTP/0.9 acceptability by sticking

BEGIN {
   $ENV{PERL_LWP_HTTP_09_OK}=1;
}

in either TEST.PL (for the entire test suite) or in t/foo.t (for
individual scripts)

there's probably a better way to do this, but I haven't been following
httpd-test developement for a while so this was what first came to me...

--Geoff