httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/specweb99/specweb99-2.0 mod_specweb99.c
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 06:30:13 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

>But I can mention that my very unofficial mini-SPECweb99 runs with the client
>and server both on my ThinkPad with 100% "standard dynamic GETs"* show that
>prefork is the fastest, worker is about 1% slower, and leader is about another
>1.5% slower.  This is a noticeable improvement from when I started on specweb -
>worker was maybe 10% slower at that time, and leader had a compile error.  If I
>were running the client & server on separate boxes, the differences would
>probably be larger.

That's good news.  We can probably remove leader and threadpool
soon.  The current worker code contains basically all of the useful
optimizations from the experimental MPMs.

Do you have any profile data that shows where the bottlenecks are?
 From recent tests with other workloads, I anticipate that the most
expensive operations are likely to be: reading the HTTP headers,
directory_walk and file_walk, and possibly mod_mime.

--Brian