httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/specweb99/specweb99-2.0 mod_specweb99.c
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 19:26:18 GMT
Brian Pane wrote:

> gregames@apache.org wrote:
>
> >gregames    2002/06/03 11:05:50
> >
> >  Modified:    specweb99/specweb99-2.0 mod_specweb99.c
> >

> BTW, does anyone have SPECweb results for 2.0 that they're
> able to discuss?

Not that can be published according to the SPEC rules, or are worth publishing
for that matter.  You have to run the thing for a really long time to meet the
rules, and of course the server machine becomes a basket case if you give it
enough workload.  So I cut the run time parameters way down to maintain my
sanity while doing development, which invalidates the results.

But I can mention that my very unofficial mini-SPECweb99 runs with the client
and server both on my ThinkPad with 100% "standard dynamic GETs"* show that
prefork is the fastest, worker is about 1% slower, and leader is about another
1.5% slower.  This is a noticeable improvement from when I started on specweb -
worker was maybe 10% slower at that time, and leader had a compile error.  If I
were running the client & server on separate boxes, the differences would
probably be larger.

Greg

* the standard dynamic GETs wrap a few lines of dynamically generated html
around a static file.  These make up 12.5% of the official SPECweb99 workload;
70% is pure static requests; the remainder consists of more CPU intensive types
of dynamic requests.