httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test/lib/Apache TestConfig.pm
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 18:42:01 GMT
On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:31:54AM -0700, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> > The reason I don't like that is because if I need to restart the
> > server I have to quit my gdb.  I want my gdb to last longer than
> > the process (so my breakpoints et al remain the same).
>
> you can use the -maxclients option or edit httpd.conf by hand before you
> start to debug.
>
> > I'm confused why this commit is an issue.  None of the other MPMs
> > start multiple processes - why should prefork?
>
> it breaks any sort of proxy tests, various modperl test, etc.
> your change is just plain wrong, back it out.

> >  And, it's not like
> > it won't start multiple processes when it needs to.  -- justin
>
> umm, not with "MaxClients 1" it won't

Um, I think you misread my commit.  All I changed was StartServers.

<IfModule prefork.c>
    StartServers         1
    MaxClients           @MaxClients@
    MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

MaxClients remained the same.

In fact, I think it should be:

<IfModule prefork.c>
    StartServers         1
    MinSpareServers      1
    MaxSpareServers      1
    MaxClients           @MaxClients@
    MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>

Now, Aaron mentioned that perhaps we should always run with multiple
processes regardless of the MPMs.  I could agree with that.  But,
what we had was inconsistent.  -- justin