httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: perl-framework vs mod_perl/t
Date Mon, 20 May 2002 14:39:52 GMT
Gary Benson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in seeing if I can drop mod_perl's t directory into
> httpd-test/perl-framework, so I can test them both at once. Is this
> feasable or should I just test them seperatly?
>
> I guess what I'm asking is:
>
>  * Are httpd-test/perl-framework and mod_perl/t synchronized at all, or
>    have they diverged over the past year? I'm mostly talking about
>    mod_perl-1.99 here, since it looks like 1.26 is much older than
>    httpd-test.

Both are using Apache::Test as a driver. The two have different setups,
which can be merged at will. But most likelly you will want to "drop"
the perl-framework tests into modperl tests, since the former only
requires the httpd to be installed.

But I don't understand why would you want to do that? Just to try?

>  * Are the tests in mod_perl solely for mod_perl functionality, or are
>    there some generic httpd tests in there too?

While written to test mod_perl, most of the tests happen to test httpd
as well. Though this testing happens using the mod_perl API.