httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject figuring out the t/TEST invocation arguments on windows
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 08:43:17 GMT
In Apache::TestSmoke we use t/TEST to start the test suite, however this
doesn't work in windows, where one has to start the program via nmake
or making the program a .bat file (pl2pbat)

Alessandro Forghieri doesn't seem to make it working because of this.
I've suggested to use:

   use Config;
   $cur_perl_path = (-x $^X) ? $^X : $Config{perlpath};

and then start t/TEST with:

   $cur_perl_path t/TEST

but then Alessandro says it does not work the same as running via nmake.
Can somebody help us here to make it work properly crossplatform?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: mod_perl2: nmake test crashes apache
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:04:44 +0200
From: Alessandro Forghieri <>
To: "'Stas Bekman'" <>

 > But you don't really need -Mblib? If you don't we can use $^X ||
 > $Config{perl} to figure out the path to the perl we are running under.
 > can you replace perl in your patch with:
 > use Config;
 > $cur_perl_path = (-x $^X) ? $^X : $Config{perlpath};
 > does it work for you?

I tested this:

    use Config;
     my $cur_perl_path=(-x $^X) ? $^X : $Config{perlpath};
     $self->{base_command}    = "$cur_perl_path t/TEST"; #ALF

and it appears to work... however:

D:\builds\modperl-2.0> perl t\TEST

behaves differently than nmake test (that uses -Mblib).
Specifically while nmake test (old CVS snapshot: I am downloading the
new one right now) exhibits the crash that started this thread, 'perl
t\TEST' hangs at

Note that I am running in compatibility mode (Apache2) so I am wondering
if this may be determining the difference in behavior.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message