httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: use Apache::Test on Web Application Testing
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 16:03:36 GMT
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
> At Sat, 09 Mar 2002 13:16:28 +0800,
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>>>Well, (at least now) as for my web application testing, I don't
>>>like to use Apache::Test(Util|Request)? Because:
>>>1) I love to do testing with Test::More's utility functions. I'd
>>>just get accustomed to it.
>>Apache::Test's motto is to be self-contained and Test::More is not a
>>part of the perl core. Therefore if you need any of Test::More
>>functionalities we can add these to Apache::TestUtil. Either tell us
>>what you want ported or send a patch :)
> That's the exact point where we don't agree with each other, IMO. I
> like to make combination of "Simple" modules, and don't like "All in
> One" package. (Well, Test::More is going into core from perl-5.7, and
> even before 5.6 it's very easy to install)

So nothing prevents you from using Test::More, isn't it? Consider the
only wrapper that we have -- Apache::TestUtil::t_cmp as Test::Simple :)

> In addition, tests we write are not only limited in httpd one. For
> example, we should write unit tests for business logic classes with
> Test::More. Writing tests with various tools will go into just a
> little confusion. We want consistency in them, for the cost of
> learning, etc.

sure, I'm not against it. You are talking about using extra modules with
Apache::Test, to write tests in 3rd party modules. You aren't talking
about mod_perl core tests using Test::More, right?

Stas Bekman             JAm_pH      --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker      mod_perl Guide

View raw message