httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/flood/build apr_common.m4
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:19:51 GMT
On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 06:37:41PM -0800, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 03:34:27PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > I don't like relying on people having apr checked out in order to
> > build flood's configure - like what we require for httpd-2.0.  I
> > don't want to go down that road.  -- justin
>
> If it's not installed as part of APR it should be. We shouldn't have it in
> our repository merely because we don't want to have to keep them in sync.

It wouldn't make sense as part of the install as it is only needed
to build configure.

It's not a matter of keeping them out of sync - I don't want to
require that apr must be checked out underneath the flood tree
(like what httpd-2.0 requires).  I think that's a bad idea and
I don't want to further that if we don't have to.  I don't
think it's the worst thing in the world if the versions are out
of sync.  -- justin