httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: missing ca.crt in perl-framework?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 07:11:42 GMT
Cliff Woolley wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>

>>>Have you tried
>>>a t/TEST -clean?
>>>
>>of course ;) but it's a bit broken regarding ssl stuff
>>
>>Doug, can you please fix the ssl setup so it will delete the whole
>>t/conf/ssl/ca (including 'ca' dir) on 't/TEST -clean'?
>>
>>once I manually removed t/conf/ssl/ca it was re-created properly and all
>>works. ;)
>>

> I figured you had, but it's strange that it didn't delete that stuff for
> you.  I just ran t/TEST -clean and it did the following:
>
> unlink /root/apache/httpd-test-6/perl-framework/t/conf/ssl/ca/asf/certs/ca.crt
> [snip]
> rmdir /root/apache/httpd-test-6/perl-framework/t/conf/ssl/ca/asf
> rmdir /root/apache/httpd-test-6/perl-framework/t/conf/ssl/ca
> root@deepthought:/root/apache/httpd-test/perl-framework# cd t/conf/ssl/ca
> bash: cd: t/conf/ssl/ca: No such file or directory
>
> So I guess I'm confused as to where the trouble is.

It indeed cleande up when I run it now, after ca was recreated.

Apache-Test remembers which files/dirs it has created (stores in a
special file) and then on clean it removes them. I suppose that
somethine went wrong during one of the builds and the cleanup didn't
remove the ca dir. since than when I was running t/TEST -config, it
wasn't recreating it, since it already existed, therefore it didn't
register to clean it up again until I've manually removed this dir.

If we get more problems like I had, we may consider to register
dirs/files for cleanup even if they have existed already, but this is
dangerous. it's much safer to only remove files that we created.