httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache etags.t
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 20:12:57 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Um, but it's going to work with 2.0.  Please revert your patch
> because it's broken.  The test for a 500 return allows the
> test to skip on versions of Apache that don't have the directive
> (like 1.3.22).  Your change will cause the skip to be a failure
> instead.

well, i said it was incomplete, MMN need to be checked too.  and once its
supported in 2.0 the condition can be updated to reflect that.  skipping a
test based on a 500 response code is bogus if you ask me.  but isn't worth
fussing over, so i just backed it out.

> The real issue is: why doesn't an invalid .htaccess file cause
> a 500 on 2.0?  *That's* what needs to be solved.

maybe because there is no .htaccess file that applies to /etags/test.txt