httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Outch - what a tangled web.
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 23:50:36 GMT
From: "Randy Kobes" <randy@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2002 5:13 PM

Ok... so your machine gets to identity in 3 reversions (lh->ip->lh->ip)

Which flavor OS, doug?

> For one more data point, on my Win98 machine, which is on a
> dial-up network without a permanent ip address, the script gives
>
> localhost is at 127.0.0.1
> 127.0.0.1 is named localhost
> localhost is at 127.0.0.1
> 127.0.0.1 is named localhost
>
> and the modules/access.t tests all pass.

Useful to know, Randy, thanks!  Windows NT and prior can be trivially
configured for the right name stuff; it's 2000 that gets prickly.

I need to iterate through the local name, the flipflop (that middle case
on my system example, 'v505') and the absolute name.

Is there an option to t/TEST to pass the local machine name?

Bill