httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:20:47 GMT
On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I have some lines that need to be added to extras.conf, but I'd
> prefer to embed them in the .t file rather than editing extras.conf.in.
> I want to be able to drop in a .t file without having to modify
> any of the existing framework to accommodate it.

you can create a t/conf/foo.conf.in that will Include-d for you in
httpd.conf.  i realize it would be nicer to have the conf in the .t, but
we've tried to avoid that in the interest of startup time.  there's
already close to 100 .t files we'd need to scan.  we have a similar
problem wanting to implement a CONFIGURE routine for .t's to create
directories, files, etc. at configuration-generation time rather than
test-run time.

how about if opened each .t and looked at the first line for a flag that
says scan me:

% cat foo.t
#APACHE_HTTPD_TEST: configure

use Apache::Test;

if we require the first line have this token (or something like it), we
can avoid the wasted time of scanning all the .t's that do not have any
configuration info.