httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t/apache getfile.t
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:10:11 GMT
On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> having two places where the test can be told to skip is confusing.

confusing to who?  have you forgotten the perl motto?

> So you only want to preserve:
>
>    plan tests => $tests, ['lwp', 'cgi'];

and anything else that currently works, like:

plan tests => $tests, \&have_foo;

> i.e. the ref eq ARRAY part in the original implementation of overloaded
> plan().
>
> Otherwise I think I can fit skip_unless as a function that can handle
> *any* requirement. e.g.:
>
> +  skip_unless({sub {$a==$b} => "$a != $b!"
> +              'LWP',
> +              'cgi_d',
> +               {sub {0} => "forced to be skipped"},
>
> is that ok?

making skip_unless more robust is fine.  but keep in mind, the common case
uses the original shorthand syntax.  we only needed to add skip_unless for
rare cases when the skip reason was unknown.