httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [patch] adding the startup polling functionality
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:16:16 GMT
On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> I've figured out that I have to run many times t/TEST -run
> until it successfully pings the server under t/TEST -d, so I want the
> polling functionality for -run too. Since now we have 3 places where the
> polling happens (start/ping/run), this patch:

i like -run the way it is because it doesn't actually send any requests to
the server, just uses ->ping.  i've been using this for profiling for
example: t/TEST -times 10 -run t/ssl/verify 2

i don't want the /index.html request included in the profile data.

i also often do:

t/TEST -d lwp -run > test.log

and don't want extra "waiting for server ..." output in the log.

and would rather not see a new -poll option.
can you make t/TEST -ping=block -run ... work for the functionality
you're after?