httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: perl-framework server startup
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:04:25 GMT
Stas Bekman wrote:

> > Here's a more complete snippet:
> >
> > /tmp/ap2/server/bin/httpd  -d /tmp/ap2/httpd-test/perl-framework/t -f /tmp/ap2/httpd-test/perl-framework/t/conf/httpd.conf
-DAPACHE2
> > using Apache/2.0.30-dev (perchild MPM)
> >
> > waiting for server to start: ok (waited 2 secs)
> > server localhost:8529 started
> > server localhost:8530 listening (mod_headers)
> > server localhost:8531 listening (mod_echo)
> > server localhost:8532 listening (mod_vhost_alias)
> > server localhost:8533 listening (mod_nntp_like)
> >
> > the server is down, giving up after 601 secs
> > !!! : failed to start server! (please examine t/logs/error_log)
>
> I don't understand where the 601 comes from, it cannot go above 60 secs
> plus may be a few more, since it checks the real time all the time.

Sorry, that's an exact transcript.

> What os are you running on?

Red Hat 5.2 (2.0.36).

> Do you mind using the build/bug_report.pl when reporting problems?

I'll consider it; do they get sent to this list where they can
be discussed, or into some black-hole system where any/all
exchanges are out-of-band?

> > It does not appear to fix it -- probably because I didn't give
> > enough info and you were addressing the 'waiting for server
> > to start' area rather than the one that's actually failing
> > above.. :-(
> >

> exit 1 indicates failure, isn't it?

Any non-zero value is failure.

> I've traced the logic and it seems to be correct:
>
> Apache::TestServer::wait_till_is_up returns 0
> Apache::TestServer::start returns 0
> Apache::TestRun::run exits 1

You appear to be tracing the wrong path, since my run
exited with 0.  Note that this is NOT the first 'is it up'
test, which has already succeeded, but one that happens
after the verification of the listeners.  Look at the
excerpt again..
--
#ken	P-)}