httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:32:51 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I don't mind to having to include the stuff that foo.t needs
> in, as long as the two are co-located.  The
> part to which I object is having the config stuff either
> in a separate directory, or having to manually mung an
> existing file (e.g., for it.  I want a
> drop-in ability: put the file(s) somewhere, run Makefile.PL
> and -clean again, and bingo.
> That being said, I even more like the idea of having a CONFIGURE
> method actually *in* foo.t.  The fewer files are involved,
> the less likely things are to get out of synch.  But if foo.t
> isn't a package/module, I'll have to leave it to you experts
> to figure out how to make it happen, since 'foo->CONFIGURE'
> isn't (directly) an option.  Though elegant.

My last suggestion was to have a single file with test and config
inside. The problem is scanning many files, which I suggested to solve
by having a special naming (e.g. .ct instead of .t) to mark certain
files that they include extra configuration. I've explained the caveat
of such an approach in my prev reply.

Stas Bekman             JAm_pH      --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker      mod_perl Guide

View raw message