httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 15:32:51 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I don't mind to having to include the stuff that foo.t needs
> in foo.conf.in, as long as the two are co-located.  The
> part to which I object is having the config stuff either
> in a separate directory, or having to manually mung an
> existing file (e.g., extras.conf.in) for it.  I want a
> drop-in ability: put the file(s) somewhere, run Makefile.PL
> and -clean again, and bingo.
>
> That being said, I even more like the idea of having a CONFIGURE
> method actually *in* foo.t.  The fewer files are involved,
> the less likely things are to get out of synch.  But if foo.t
> isn't a package/module, I'll have to leave it to you experts
> to figure out how to make it happen, since 'foo->CONFIGURE'
> isn't (directly) an option.  Though elegant.

My last suggestion was to have a single file with test and config
inside. The problem is scanning many files, which I suggested to solve
by having a special naming (e.g. .ct instead of .t) to mark certain
files that they include extra configuration. I've explained the caveat
of such an approach in my prev reply.