httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:32:41 GMT
I don't mind to having to include the stuff that foo.t needs
in foo.conf.in, as long as the two are co-located.  The
part to which I object is having the config stuff either
in a separate directory, or having to manually mung an
existing file (e.g., extras.conf.in) for it.  I want a
drop-in ability: put the file(s) somewhere, run Makefile.PL
and -clean again, and bingo.

That being said, I even more like the idea of having a CONFIGURE
method actually *in* foo.t.  The fewer files are involved,
the less likely things are to get out of synch.  But if foo.t
isn't a package/module, I'll have to leave it to you experts
to figure out how to make it happen, since 'foo->CONFIGURE'
isn't (directly) an option.  Though elegant.
--
#ken	P-)}