httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: httpd-test/perl-framework tests bug report
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:20:47 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
> nice.  but again, build/bugreport.pl would have to be copied for every
> project that uses Apache-Test.  would be better if there was an
> Apache::TestReport module and tiny generated t/REPORT script.

ok, the only problem with this specific script is that it doesn't belong
to Apache::Test. It's a bug reporting tool. Hmm, bugreport in modperl
doesn't use Apache::Test at all. bugreport in httpd-test/perl-framework
need Apache::Test only to get the environment.

I think that once modperl gets released we want build/bugreport.pl be
installed somewhere on the system and accept only bug reports that use
this script. Otherwise it always takes 3 to 10 emails to get the
required info from the user in trouble :(

> i'm also thinking we should have:
>
> Apache::TestRun->generate_script that can be called from Makefile.PL
> that generates t/TEST rather than require each project to have a TEST.PL
> same for:
>
> Apache::TestRunPerl
> Apache::TestSmoke
> Apache::TestSmokePerl
> Apache::TestReport

agreed, when you create t/TEST how do you know whether you should call
Apache::TestRunPerl (mod_perl) or Apache::TestRun (non-modperl)? Should
it be something like this:

Apache::TestRun->generate_script(t/TEST => Apache::TestRunPerl)

or should the generate_script be implemented by all these classes:

Apache::TestRunPerl
Apache::TestSmoke
Apache::TestSmokePerl
Apache::TestReport

so each can supply a tuned script.
If you look at t/TEST and t/SMOKE they aren't the same, as they use a
different @INC fixups.