httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:11:02 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>another idea would be to have a second file for this purpose. So if you
>>have foo.t you'd add foo(.t?) in the same directory with
>>whatever things you want. This is a snap to add (we already scan t/conf
>>for .in files now we can just scan all dirs under t/ recursively.
> sure, that would be easy.  but would we then have yet another file to
> implement the CONFIGURE routine?  in any case, it would be nice if a .t
> could be totally self-contained with all three.

agreed, but the other suggestion to check the first line of .t is too

Also when you want to get to the CONFIGURE section you have to require()
the file, which means it'll run the code in it, which is not good.
(compare with .pm, where everything is made of functions).

Also notice that Ken's request is different from what CONFIGURE does.
CONFIGURE doesn't add stuff to .conf, the __DATA__ section does.
CONFIGURE prepares the environment, creating extra files, etc. So if you
want a similarity with .pm, it should go to the __DATA__ section of the
.t file too.

Stas Bekman             JAm_pH      --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker      mod_perl Guide

View raw message